Monday, April 12, 2010

Baby Gear!?!?

Thanks to Kristin and Robin we are officially registered at BabiesRUs... a task I'm sure made a million times more efficient with their expert advice. For the last 3 days I've been pouring over Consumer Reports ratings for car seats and baby strollers.... Kevin loves the Bob Revolution stroller however it does not fit with the safest ranked, and best consumer rated, car seat. I did find that Chicco makes a terrain stroller that is similar to a Bob, and it will be available again April/May 2010. So that just might be the solution to the dilema - if I can stop coughing over the price. GEEZ!

I keep thinking how much use will I get out of this buggar? I have grand plans of daily walks so that is why I'm leaning towards a terrain system instead of stroller... who knows maybe at some piont I'll do a little walk-jog, but I could use input from experienced Mom's... your comments are welcome please!!!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Kristy- Sorry about not getting back to you about the clothes. I completely spaced it. We are going out of town this weekend but I can drop the clothes off anytime this week after work or next week sometime.
    As for the stoller, I don't have either the jogger or the terrain stroller. I don't jog much but we did look at the bob but it is just too big and bulky for what we would use it for. I would go for the terrain stroller because you would be able to use it on the Greenbelt and gravel trails pretty easily, I think. Have you looked at the Baby Daily on Eagle Rd? They have different options on stollers like the Baby Jogger and Phil & Ted. They aren't cheap but they do offer different options.
    Oh, as for baby carriers, I don't know if you are getting one but I hear that the Ergo Carrier is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have had many strollers and I have to say that I am so glad not to need them any more :) But with that said I love my jogging stroller for outdoors it has been the best. I did get one of those snap and go strollers when Jackson was born and I really loved that cause the infant seat just snapped into it and off you go. Umbrella strollers are always good to have in the toddler years but what ever you buy make sure it fits in your trunk cause some of those joggers are big so do a test first. Good Luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. strollers, ugh. we currently own 4! (plus 3 wagons...seriously). if you plan on having more than 1 kid, just go ahead & buy a double stroller... umbrella strollers are a must but it's really good to have a big-wheel one for outdoor stuff. for the first few months it was nice to have a car seat that clicked into the stroller but it was equally as easy just to throw the baby in the bjorn (now that, my friend, is a MUST in case of colick or reflux). lol, for sure make sure you know how to break it down & that it fits into your car. bad memories...lol

    ReplyDelete