Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas City #2


The Christmas Tale continues...

We caravaned to Twin with my Brother leading the way - well most of the drive, Kevin pulled into the lead position just about Wendell after a good effort of extra "paddling" on Drew's part (had to be there, but let's just say adults play pretend games too and it's still funny!).

My parents house was full of Christmas cheer, lots of lights for Leo to stare at and decorations to catch his attention. My Mom (Grandma Emmie, Mary, and Papa Steve) were excited to see Leo and how much he's grown just since Thanksgiving. We spent Christmas Eve with Lisa and Chloe,

Kevin, Drew, and Mom made dinner....
then we watched Chloe sing Christmas music from her school program and opening her gifts. She was very excited to hold Leo, and pulled her Mom (Lisa) aside to tell her that Leo sitting next to her on the couch did not count as holding him, he needed to be on her lap. Hilarious :) So we arranged for a photo opp. in front of the tree. (That's Pixie sneaking into the photo)

I love this photo...

Kevin invited my family to play our new found card game - "Hand & Foot" - two and a half hours later I think all would say they had a good time. I was the lowest scoring player... seriously pathetic showing on my part, even for a self admitted horrible card player. But I enjoyed the banter and conversation we all shared.
Look at this cute shirt that Uncle Drew gave Leo for Christmas..

Little family photo...
Christmas morning after Leo woke up (ok and me too, Mom sleeps in as long as Leo does... maybe because Mom wakes up during the night when Leo does. I'm just sayin') and we opened presents. Here are a couple PJ (pajama) pics..

And all the pups had a good time too... Here's Honda napping on the kitchen floor, and Jezebel just wishing she was allowed to step into the kitchen.
Lucy and Izzy in front of the Christmas tree.

Sunday we headed back to Boise. Leo and I are fighting runny noses and sinus congestion. We are settling in and enjoying this last week of 2010 together.


As I looked at photos from this time last year, and the tiny bump in my tummy as I closed out the first trimester of my pregnancy I am overcome with gratitude. I love our baby - Leo, my husband, and our beautiful, loving families. I feel incredibly fortunate and blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment