Thursday, October 8, 2009

Dinner Time!!!



Just a fun shot of Kevin and I taken last night while making dinner. Kevin was telling me about his day, he's very excited about the business planning he and Vince are doing :) I'm so proud of him, he's jumped into a new field in the middle of a down economy, and he's doing f-a-n-t-a-s-t-i-c!

So last night I drummed up something so tastey for dinner. Shrimp Pesto w/ Roasted Butternut squash, Tomatoes & Onion.

Here goes....

I peeled the shrimp and popped the tails off. Why do they leave them on? I know it's supposed to be fancy, but then you just have to deal with trying to get the buggars off when you're enjoying your meal. Silliness!

I peeled and chopped the butternut (from Canyon Orchards - gotta love local!) then took 1/4 of a red onion and rough chopped it and quartered 2 tomatoes (green ones I picked from the garden that have now ripened). Tossed them in a little olive oil, sprinkled with salt, pepper and garlic powder, then roased at 425 degrees for about 40 min.



Started the water to boil for my pasta. And when it had about 10 minutes left I kicked on the burner for the saute pan and put in 1/4cup white wine, 2 tsp coconut oil, shrimp and salt& pepper. Cooked about 8 min (until done).

As soon as the pasta was done I drained it and added 2 pesto cubes (garden basil I turned into pesto and then froze in ice-cube trays).

Voila!!! It was so tastey and really beautiful. I sprinkled mine with a little Parmesan too. That's my plate, not Kevin's... I gobbled it all up too!!! I am a foodie :)

1 comment:

  1. looks very tasty...now i'm hungry. (i was planning leftovers for tonight--until now). inspiring!

    ReplyDelete