Friday, December 11, 2009

I'm Back!!!!

I took a little blogging vacation... the break was triggered by a small bout of depression and fear. Little Pix went in for a dental and to have a lump removed from her leg, and the biopsy came back as malignent - a Mast Cell Tumor. So, I sort of hunkered in.... but we've been seeing our regular vet and have integrated a few therapies to help make sure the cancer does not return and that Pixie is happy, healthy, and with us for as long as she wants to be! (eyes watering, time to change the subject!)

Kevin and I have been getting ready for Christmas. I don't have pictures to post today, but stay tuned for the Tree! It's our first tree as a married couple, well "real" tree. Last year we put up a very small fake tree that I've had for years....

Willy (our cat) loves the tree! He likes to sit under it... look at the lights, those sparkly balls, and dream of mischief! He'll chill there for a bit and then bolt a circle around the tree and down the hall to climb his cat tower - it's all very exciting.

This week my mother shared her lemon square recipe with me! This is my FAVORITE holiday treat that she makes, and she makes a lot - and there are a lot of delicious options but lemon squares are my favorite! I'm going to make a batch or two to share..... because it is the season of sharing and joy, and these decadent little morsels will put a smile on your face - I guarantee!

I'll post pic's later (they're my favorite part) but I needed to get a post in before Kristin took me off her blog watch list!!!

5 comments:

  1. oh Pixie I still remember the day we went to pick her out she was so happy!!! Good thoughts being sent your way...hope you and Kevin have a wonderful "first" christmas together :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Add me to the list of people sending happy, healing thoughts to Miss Pixie and I hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday! Love, Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Give Miss Pixie a scratch for me, sounds like a tough couple weeks...but now you can cuddle up with her and enjoy Christmas. lv, b.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so...can you now share that recipe? if it's top secret, i understand. but i'm keeping my fingers crossed.

    so sorry to hear about little pix. that's hard news to process for your loved pet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The lemon square recipe? If that's what you're interested in I'll send it to you!

    ReplyDelete