Monday, August 10, 2009

Movement Play Camp

July 9th through the 13th I spent in California with JoAnn and Donna (Kevin's Mom & Sister). We went to a Movement Play camp in Willits, CA - which is 3ish hours north of San Fransisco. It's a "micro festival" summer camp out for grown ups who love to play! When JoAnn asked if I'd be interested I thought about it and then said, SIGN ME UP! I could use some play :)

The grounds of the camp were amazing! So many beautiful flowers,ponds, and fountains.
It is a sustainable eco-camp, so you know I was in heaven!




The schedule for camp included: ecstatic dance, acro yoga, tribal belly dancing, fire dancing, hoop dancing, did I say dancing?, shamanic cheerleading, and eating great vegetarian/vegan food.

This is a picture of Donna spotting Me while JoAnn flew me at Acro Yoga class!


And here you can see Donna and me working a kitchen shift, preparing one of many delicious meals.



OH!I almost forgot to mention (Kevin will be shocked!) there were hot tubs too! Yes, of course those of you who know me well know that I did not soak in the tub, but many did and enjoyed themselves!


After a great time at camp the 3 of us headed back to Berkeley. Little did I know that when you go camping with JoAnn and Donna you need to bring "club" clothes... I like their style I must say. And luckily literally because Donna dressed me up and we hit a hot spot in downtown San Fran where they played Blues Swing music. As always it was fun to watch JoAnn dance!


No comments:

Post a Comment