Friday, September 25, 2009

Another one bites the dust

And so it goes that yet another work week is drawing to an end :) This week my Mom came to Boise for a class and stayed with us Wednesday and Thursday nights - Fun! Thursday night she even got to see me play a tennis match for the first time - she enjoyed it! And best of all she even thought we won... sadly we did not. Played an oppenent with a killer (very spinny) serve and his ground strokes had top-spin to spare. Good Times.

After the match we had dinner at the Tavern at Bown Crossing. And then headed home to make 2 chicken pot pies for friends that both had surgeries this week - Kristin, her left hand and Heidi's baby Brooke had eye/brain surgery. The recipe looks quite tastey - I didn't test it because of the chicken, but Mom said it smelled great! I found the recipe on a really great blog site (thanks for the tip Jackie!), For the Love of Cooking.

This is the first recipe of her's that I've tried but she has a great selection and I love the layout. I will definitely be trying more recipes. For the chicken pot pie, I did change up the veggies - I used broccli, zucchini, carrot, and peas. I also added to the herbs - basil, thyme, rosemary. And, I used a store prepare crust instead of making it from scratch (no time for from scratch).

I hope the Brandts and the Hagmans like it!!!!

1 comment:

  1. YUMMY we sure did! Thank you so much, I was excited to see you listed here where you got the recipe, I'm gonna try it sometime! :)

    ReplyDelete