Wednesday, August 4, 2010

You know you're a new parent when...

Your coffee table looks like a shelf off the "Parenting" section of the Public Library. I have a stack of books all with great advice and references... baby whisperer, good night sleep tight by the the sleep lady, the womanly guide to nursing by LLL, the baby book, and itsy-bitsy yoga....

My god I am well read. If only I could find the technique that will help little Leo like to fall asleep :) At night of course. During the daytime and early evening sleeping is a breeze. It's that 10:00 - 11:30 window that just does not appeal. Kevin and I both say, "It's a good thing you're cute kid."

Yesterday I devoured books on bedtime routines and sleep techniques.... I just hope a gem or too works. Once our little man is a sleep he is great, a good 3-4 hour stretch is totally normal... it's just getting to sleep land that isn't appealing to him.

My Mom was with us this past week and WOW it was wonderful. Kevin and I really appreciated all her help with the house, the yard, and with Leo. Thank you just doesn't seem enough. The week went by way to quickly and we were very sad to see her leave yesterday.






My Dad drove his Harley up on Saturday to spend the day with all of us - he missed Mom too! Here are a couple of pics.

Grandpa and Leo

Grandpa gave Leo a Harley outfit too!

Pixie and Honda are adjusting. They're doing great. This was taken yesterday while they enjoyed a slight breeze outside in the shade. The dogs are great with Leo. Pixie likes to sit in the nursery with us while Leo eats, she either lays in front of the crib or near the glider.... occasionally she will lay in the entrance. Pretty cute!

We've also been blessed with some meal deliveries! We are so appreciative - thank you :)

2 comments:

  1. My biggest advice? Do everything you can to keep him awake in the 6-9 at night time frame, bath, etc. He'll get things figured out and start sleeping better at night soon enough. Glad you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the advice Becky, we'll give it a try!

    ReplyDelete